Our client is a successful sawmill in Squamish. They are hiring general labourers to join their team. With experience, good performance, and a positive attitude there is room to advance to other roles within the sawmill/yard.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, with the right candidate being available to start immediately.
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 7:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday, and 7:00am to 3:30pm on Friday (the first four days of the week include 1 hour of overtime)
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Location: Squamish, BC
– Room to grow within the company
– Benefits after 3 months (extended medical and dental)
– RRSP Matching
– Sort and guide planks emerging from saw onto roller tables or conveyors
– Straighten lumber on moving conveyors
– Assist with daily cleanup and maintenance
– Assist with sorting, grading, piling
– Observe safety procedures at all times
– Perform tasks unsupervised
– Willing to work in a fast paced environment
– Able to do heavy lifting, as well as repetitive pushing and pulling
– Able to work both independently and in team environment
– Strong problem solving skills
– Safety conscious attitude
– High School Diploma
Considered an asset:
– Sawmill Experience
– Level 2 first aid
– Personal Vehicle
Please submit your resume in a Word document and let us know why you are the right fit for this role.
Career Contacts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We look forward to receiving your application.