Visit Ogden is a non-profit organization that works with the people and places of our community to
sustainably curate, cultivate and promote meaningful experiences for residents and visitors. We are the
county’s official destination management organization.
The Marketing Assistant provides comprehensive support to the marketing and promotion efforts of Visit Ogden. An essential member of the marketing team, the Marketing Assistant is task-oriented, self-driven, and takes ownership of tasks and projects. Responsibilities include maintaining the website, social media, media tracking, data collection, and event support. The position reports to the Director of
Marketing and Communications and the Creative Director and is also accountable to the President/CEO
and Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure accuracy of website content by consistently reviewing and updating all content
• Social media management and strategy
• Public relations assistance in filing and organizing media / news
• Ogden Restaurant Week community outreach and social media support
• Prepare website, marketing, and social media statistical reports
• Create microsites for clients and/or events as deemed necessary
• Create, manage, and maintain a library of photography and video assets for easy accessibility.
• Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available
• Distribute daily/weekly email to partners informing them of upcoming events/news
• Content and/or data gathering for marketing campaign
• Other duties as assigned
• Work experience in marketing or related field preferred.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred, not required.
• Ability to travel and provide own transportation.
• Familiar with latest marketing technologies and trends.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Familiar with social media outlets and marketing tactics within social media platforms.
• Capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to concentrate and stay on task in an open work environment.
• Must have the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include evening or weekend
• Strong knowledge of the greater Ogden area including attractions, things to do, restaurants, hotels
and other tourism-related assets.
• Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines.
• Well-organized, self-motivated and proactive.
Physical/Sensory/Cognitive Requirements to Perform Essential Job Function:
• Ability to sit at a desk for 6-8 hours per day, if required.
• Ability to operate a keyboard and view computer screen for 6-8 hours per day, if required.
• Ability to assist with event setup and takedown
• Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in-person
• May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
Note: This job description does not intend to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements, in Word or PDF format, to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
No telephone calls, please.
The position is open until filled.
Benefit Package includes medical and dental, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and 401K plan with
- Company Video