The Controller is a Full Time Year Round, Salaried position.
Financial management position to include preparation of financial statements, establishment and monitoring of internal control policies and procedures, and personnel management. Controller will work closely with the Director of Finance and other accounting team members, and will participate in all aspects of accounting, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, budgets and banking.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and enter/download journal entries.
- Oversee and/or prepare month-end and quarter-end reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assure fixed asset schedules are accurate with proper book and tax classifications.
- Coordinate quarterly and monthly inventory processes.
- Monitor and improve internal control systems.
- Oversee the audits of all assets including cash, A/R, inventories, and capital assets.
- Insure the recording of sales at all outlets are accurate.
- Review sales and use tax returns, understanding specific hospitality rules.
- Prepare business activity reports, cash position reports, and others as assigned.
- Knowledge of ski, lodging, food and beverage, golf, spa, retail and membership to ensure the accurate reporting of these business segments.
- Assist with hiring, training and supervision of accounting staff.
- Prepare the accounting schedule to insure adequate staffing levels throughout the seasons.
- Assist staff and other departments with accounting questions and issues.
- Review all invoices prior to payment to assure proper classification.
- Prepare various industry surveys and governmental censuses.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Assist with special reporting and analysis projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 + years of progressive accounting experience required.
- Public Accounting experience preferred. CPA a plus.
- Hospitality accounting experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to complete and organize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in high volume establishments.
- Must possess extreme attention to detail. Communicate effectively with customers – both internal and external.
- Ability to concentrate in a busy office environment and meet demanding deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow-up skills.
- Exemplifies Crystal Mountain’s Core Values.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Apply online at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3357648