We’re looking for qualified course instructors who are experienced, enthusiastic backcountry skiers or splitboarders. In addition to deep knowledge of avalanche education best practices, we need instructors who are eager to make backcountry skiing and splitboarding more welcoming and accessible. The ideal candidate possesses:
- AIARE Instructor Status
- Significant teaching experience and is up to date on best practices for backcountry and avalanche education
- Commitment to Bluebird Backcountry’s mission and goals––and excitement to welcome newcomers, many with 10 or fewer days of experience in the backcountry
- Excellent verbal communication and is skilled in team dynamics
- Flexibility and eagerness to work in a collaborative, fast-paced-yet-grassroots startup environment
- Instruct AIARE courses in January, February, and March 2021
- Act as a Bluebird Backcountry ambassador and be ready to help with mountain safety and provide information to guests when asked
- Uphold, promote, and support the Bluebird Backcountry vision of fostering a community of passionate backcountry skiers and riders
Location and Timing
This role can range from a contract role teaching a few courses to a full-time seasonal role that involves some guiding and backcountry instructing as well.
Bluebird Backcountry is located halfway between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We are open Thursdays through Mondays, from December 24th, 2020 through March 28, 2020.
All courses will take place within Bluebird Backcountry’s leased area, in some cases in-bounds and in other cases out of bounds. The property is entirely unimproved, and the skiing is more variable and adventurous than manicured or groomed.
- $275-$325 / course-day depending on experience
- Bluebird Backcountry day passes to give to family and friends.
- Rustic lodging in Kremmling if desired
Please email email@example.com with “AIARE Course Instructor” in the subject line. Include the following:
- A brief cover letter
- Your resume