About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ and provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is also part of the Alterra Mountain Company family. Alterra Mountain Company offers the the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 41 iconic destinations across five continents. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assures customer satisfaction with safe, friendly and efficient service.
- Provides exceptional guest service in a group ski lesson through personable use of modern teaching techniques.
- Instructs and educates guest ages 3-13 in skiing and/or snowboarding, using modern teaching techniques. May also instruct adults.
- Maintains an environment of safety, fun and learning.
- Clarify customer’s expectations and goals at the beginning of each lesson.
- Provides individual or group instruction on skiing.
- Analyzes problems and resolves them in a positive and safe manner.
- Selects appropriate terrain for skills being developed.
- Use effective pacing that is appropriate for students ability level.
- Participates in snowboard or skiing clinics to keep current with the most modern and efficient teaching methods and techniques.
- Communicates daily with fellow staff to maintain awareness of mountain operations and activities.
- Helps with set up/tear down of beginner area as well as light cleaning of Children’s Center.
- Assists in the rental shop by fitting children with ski equipment.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Company Video