Job Title: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Base Operations Manager Wage: DOE
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt Status: Full Time/Year Round
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects of Facilities Maintenance at Red Lodge Mountain.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure customers and employees are treated courteously, safely, and efficiently.
- Oversee on-going and daily maintenance and repairs of all RLM facilities.
- Ensure facilities are clean, neat, and free of clutter.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate repair and maintenance needs, including remodeling and upkeep of facilities.
- Order cleaning and maintenance supplies for all facilities.
- Coordinate snow removal with all departments as needed.
- Know and keep up to date with current health and safety regulations.
- Work with Human Resources to interview, hire, train, and appraise performance of employees.
- Provide supervision and guidance to employees and outside contractors in accordance with RLM policies and State/Federal employment laws.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, reviews, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources when necessary.
- Accomplish financial objectives by adhering to a departmental budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of department processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Delegate department representation at committees such as sustainability, safety, and customer service.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with other managers, directors, general manager, and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Adhere to all Safety Standards as governed by OSHA, State of Montana, and RLM.
- Assist subordinates and other departments in performing duties whenever necessary.
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Excellent communication, leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and direct employees, serve customers, and maintain excellent customer service during high stress situations.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team.
- Safety orientated and able to train employees on safety procedures of equipment used.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Available to work holidays and/or weekends.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- 5+ years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance or Construction Field.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic financial accountability.
- Management or supervisory experience.
- Experience with plumbing, electrical, small engine repair, carpentry, and facility repairs/remodels.
- Experience in ski/golf industry.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of occasionally lifting and pushing or pulling 75 lbs or more, and frequently lifting, pushing or pulling, and carrying up to 50 lbs. Must be capable of walking on snow and ice. Must be able to bend, kneel, and reach.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes and outside weather conditions.
- Hand held radio
- Construction Tools
- Cleaning Supplies
- Motor Vehicles
- Snow Removal Equipment
- Harnesses and ropes
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Harsh weather conditions may be encountered.