Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Resort Food and Beverage Manager
Full Time – 5 or more days a week
Part Time – 3 to 4 days a week
Prime Time – available to work Dec. 28-31 and/or Feb 14-20, and/or March 9-20
Varying start times staggering from 7AM with closing times depending on business levels.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is an at will employer.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. More specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Handbook. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Positions dealing with children or positions that handle cash require a background check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check.
Supervisors are responsible for managing the assigned outlet with the highest standards possible in order to create a dining experience that will ensure guest satisfaction. Supervisors will oversee items such as quality control, staff management, hiring, interviewing, scheduling, coaching, inventory, health and safety regulations, and customer service. The supervisor will ensure that each table that enters the outlet is enjoying their dining experience by inquiring after their satisfaction. If problems should arise the supervisor is responsible for resolving customer complaints to the best of their ability and passing any complaints over to the MOD should they be unable to resolve the issue themselves.
Essential Job Functions:
* Supervise staff and coordinate day-to-day operation of each assigned shift.
* Delegate duties to staff and send associates on break at appropriate times.
* Assist manager in properly training staff to execute service standards for presentation, delivery of food and beverage, and service.
* Maintain strong knowledge of all aspects of each position and be able to jump in and provide support as needed.
* Order daily supplies or communicate inventory needs to appropriate management.
* Communicate with guests and solicit their feedback, address issues as needed.
* Observe staff interactions with guests; coach, train and correct staff as needed.
* Assist manager with weekly scheduling.
* Identify areas of opportunity within the operation to enhance speed of delivery, quality of food and beverage, consistency and quality of the delivery experience. Work closely with the manager and the team to continuously improve all of these areas.
* Maintain outlet bank with appropriate change levels according to business demands.
* Review and understand financial information, as well as, perform basic arithmetic.
* Assists Manager with completing reviews of each employee during the season.
* Assisting with special events as needed.
* Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
* Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
* Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by Food and Beverage Director, Chef’s, Resort Food and Beverage Manager, or any other Manager.
A full job description is available upon request.