Hiring Part-time seasonal Shuttle Drivers for the 2017-2018 Winter Season. Scheduled to begin between November and December of 2017.
The employee shuttle driver is responsible for the daily operation of the employee shuttle program including transporting 25-30 passengers per trip, inspecting vehicles, cleaning and maintaining vehicles, and helping employees and guests access recreation, lodging, and work. S/he will report to the Transportation Manager through the shuttle supervisor with vehicle logs, inspection reports, and schedules.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in transportation operations including commercial driving.
Minimum of one (1) years’ experience transporting passengers or equivalent customer service experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to drive in any weather condition.
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled shifts.
- Is legally able to drive a motor vehicle in the State of New Mexico and can pass the required medical and driving tests as required by TSV.
- Is legally able to work in the United States and has the proper documentation for employment.
- Greets all passengers consistently including employees, contractors, and guests.
- Maintains a pleasant and cheerful attitude in and out of the shuttle.
- Communicates effectively with employee shuttle supervisor and transportation manager.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Records crucial data in Vehicle Logs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all other departments to ensure effective transportation service for all employees.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Obtains and maintains valid CDL with passenger endorsement.
- Is able to drive any vehicle assigned to him/her.
- Reports misconduct among passengers to employee shuttle supervisor.
- Completes proper paperwork and reporting as required by employee shuttle supervisor.
- Handles minor conflict between or with passengers independently and professionally.
- Handles minor conflict in traffic in Taos or Taos Ski Valley calmly and professionally.
- Provides consistent, reliable, and comfortable transportation to help employees start their day on time.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven expert driving skills.
- Must hold a valid commercial driver license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact professional with employees and guest passengers.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to model and enforce proper behavior in the shuttle.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
The employee shuttle will operate multiple times daily throughout the ski season and during other specified times throughout the year. Drivers will be expected to perform all duties related to the employee shuttle including exterior inspections before sunrise, after sunset, and in extreme weather conditions. Drivers are expected to transport fellow employees promptly and safely regardless of conditions.
Maintains a professional, yet appropriate to Taos Ski Valley, appearance and attire, as described in the Employee Handbook.
Positions dealing with children or positions that handle cash require a background check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is an at will employer.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. More specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor, manager or in the Employee Handbook. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
If you would like further details or to see a full job description, please email HR@skitaos.com. Taos Ski Valley is an equal opportunity employer.