Classification: Full Time Year Round
Schedule: Varying start times staggering from 6AM to 7AM with expectation of working 40+ hours per week during peak season.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is an at will employer.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. More specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Handbook. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Positions dealing with children or positions that handle cash require a background check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Oversees Taos Ski Valley’s purchasing, receiving, loading dock and recycling functions.
- Supervise a group of 1-3 individuals depending upon time of year
- Ensures proper adherence policies and procedures related to the procurement of goods and services for managers to follow to ensure accountability of product, accurate inventory and cost controls.
- Responsible for planning and directing materials and supply to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Oversee the ordering and receiving of materials and supplies from vendors for multiple departments.
- Calculate figures for food inventories, orders, and beverage and food costs in projection for real time updates for month end.
- Maintain clear and organized records of purchases MTD with accurate MTD reporting of food & beverage costs using descending checkbook. (Maintenance of checkbooks for all outlets monthly operating expenses to stay within budget communicating when red flags arise)
- Ensures all reports and invoices are filed and taken to accounting within 48 hours.
- Creation of purchasing system PO’s (Turbine) to support any orders coming in to the ski valley with appropriate GL coding. Conduct inventory audits weekly and monthly to determine inventory levels and accuracy of outlet manager reporting. Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies and deliver to appropriate departments at outlet opening time.
- Maintain interdepartmental transfers & internal events transfer logs.
- Build relationships with community resource for food donations.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels and 86 lists daily using 86 lists to effectively anticipate end of season or end of month cost ceilings.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Create vendor relationship to take advantage of bulk purchasing options, rebates & preferred vendor agreements.
- Use careful sourcing techniques to ensure local food is used when cost is appropriate and endangered items are not sourced. Reconciliation of expense reports for Food & Beverage Director corporate card.
- Constantly maintains storeroom, refrigerators and freezers within Ecosure / Health Department Standards.
- Manages all contracts for equipment and calls for repair when faulty. Inventory and maintain par levels on china, glass, silver for all outlets.
- Trains staff and managers in the appropriate techniques of FIFO and product rotations / storage for cleaning equipment and supplies, restrooms equipment and supplies & food service equipment and supplies in food preparation areas and restaurants.
- Maintains appropriate par levels of cleaning and sanitation supplies for all outlets to requisitions and utilize in all areas.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local food safety regulations.
- Stays in compliance with recycling protocols constantly looking for green products
- Oversee and enforce cleanliness of dock area
- Reports to Director of Food & Beverage.
- Candidate must have responsible vendor card available at http://www.waytoserve.org/
Essential Job Functions:
- High school diploma.
- Some College Level Completion Preferred
- New Mexico Food Handlers Certification
- Strong Computer Skills (Ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize inventory and purchasing software)
- Prior Knowledge of and Negotiation with Local Vendors or National Vendors Preferred
- 1-2 Years Previous High Volume Food & Beverage Leadership Experience
- 2+ Years of High Volume Purchasing or Accounting Experience
- Analytical Skills: Procurement managers work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: Procurement managers need to use the information gathered by yourself and the purchasing agents to make decisions on behalf of your company.
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Negotiating Skills: Procurement managers will be working with suppliers to create the best deals. Negotiating skills will help create those deals.
Positive, fast paced, high volume, indoor/outdoor, varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates. Working alone or with others depending on day’s business.
For a full job description please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org