Are you looking for a position that is dynamic and challenging? One that gives you the opportunity to work outside?
Our Snowmakers are the first ones on the mountain and create the foundation for our ski season. They are charged with operating and maintaining the largest automated snowmaking systems in the United States and they are looking for someone to join their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, clean, and relocate snowmaking equipment as directed in a safe manner.
- Monitor and document the condition and status of all stationary, portable and stored equipment used in the snowmaking process.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Communicate closely via two-way radio and other forms of communication with members of the snowmaking crew and other departments to ensure the safe and appropriate conduct of all activities.
- Among others they will use the following tools:
- pick-up truck, snowmobile, snowcat, trailers, sleds, other forms of transport.
- hand tools
- ladders and scaffolding
- picks and shovels
- metal detector
- welding apparatus and tanks/regulators
- oils/lubricants/solvents/anti-seize compounds/water-treatment chemicals
- hoists, pulleys and winches
- chair lifts
- alpine ski and snowboard equipment
- chain saws
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Critical thinking skills
- Possess a resilient can-do attitude
- Electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical experience a plus
- Previous snowmaking experience preferred
- Housing Available Yes, limited housing available
- Company Video