What’s so special about Bear Valley?
Bear Valley is a premier mountain destination getaway for winter and summer recreation and adventure, conveniently located with many great opportunities to become a member of our team. Bear Valley is a guest-oriented resort that offers team members many opportunities for growth and development within the company. We provide a fun and exciting workplace in a stimulating environment already known for its Pure Mountain Fun. Read on to discover why Bear Valley is the perfect place to bring your skills and abilities this winter.
- You provide exceptional guest service.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You enjoy learning and developing new skills and abilities.
- You are a strong team player and develop strong working relationships, and influencing skills.
- You consistently maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
- You are a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- You are a great problem solver.
- You enjoy working outdoors in all weather elements; you love to ski/snowboard and help others
- You love the mountain environment and being around like minded, yet diverse individuals.
- You understand being composed with a sense of urgency to meet guests’ needs and bring great value to their BV experience.
Manage daily operations and quality of parking and transportation operations. Maintain a friendly and positive staff that assists in the set up and take down of signs and road cones, assists guests in parking their vehicles, directs traffic and assists guests with any automotive problems. Perform snow removal around the base lodge facility.
- To ensure the parking and transportation team is providing our guest with a fun and safe experience when visiting Bear Valley. Your Team is the first and last to greet our guests and play an important role in ensuring our guest start and end their day with the help and support of a friendly staff member.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather condition.
- Ability to safely direct traffic and park cars.
- Assist guests in finding resort facilities and provide accurate and friendly information and directions.
- Assist guests with automotive trouble when needed
- Setup and take down signs, road cones and barriers daily.
- Direct traffic and maintain guest safety.
- Manage snow removal from the lodge area.
- Manage chain sales and assist with chain installation.
- Hire, train and manage seasonal staff.
- Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee communication, motivation, training and development, wage administration and compliance with company established human resources policies/procedures and labor regulations.
- Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff and ensure effective communication through weekly meetings and ongoing feedback. Maintain a high personal visibility throughout assigned areas.
- Prepare reports and statistics for areas of responsibility as required.
- Participate in company management and leadership development meetings/programs.
- Perform seasonal staff recruiting, interviewing, staff selection and performance evaluations as required.
- Promote and assist interdepartmental cross training and functions as necessary.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Valid Drivers License
- Class B Drivers License preferable
- Proven ability in leadership and management; Knowledge of supervisory practices & procedures
- Strong organizational and computer skills including management software, spreadsheets and word processing, email and internet navigation
- Collaborative spirit and enjoy working in a team; Experience in training, developing and motivating staff
- Desire to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to manage independently and effectively in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Driven to deliver superior service by exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to plan and execute strategies and achieve goals
- Excellent verbal, written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Be a self-starter and use good judgment in all situations
- Presents a professional image in appearance, words and actions
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Flexible schedule; must work during high traffic guest demand – weekends & holidays
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment
- Great problem solver
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Continual learner
- Housing Available Yes, limited housing available