Intrawest is a North American mountain resort and adventure company, delivering distinctive vacation and travel experiences to its customers for over three decades. The Company owns interests in seven four-season mountain resorts with more than 11,000 skiable acres and more than 1,150 acres of land available for real estate development. Intrawest’s mountain resorts are geographically diversified across North America’s major ski regions, including the Eastern United States, the Rocky Mountains, the Pacific Southwest and Canada. The Company also operates an adventure travel business, the cornerstone of which is Canadian Mountain Holidays, the leading heli-skiing adventure company in North America. Additionally, the Company operates a comprehensive real estate business through which it manages, markets and sells vacation club properties; manages condominium hotel properties; and sells and markets residential real estate.
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 251 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 60 trails and the best snow around. Our three ski areas include the Snowshoe Basin, Western Territory and Silver Creek. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
The Principles Guiding Our Daily Actions and Behaviors
Our six organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Guest Driven – Service, Passion, Fun
Unified Team – Cooperative, Fun and Unsiloed
Integrity Always – Do the Right Thing
Down-Home Hospitality – Warm, Friendly, Sincere
Epic Experiences – Wild, Memorable, Unexpected Delight
Stewardship – Environment, Financial, Safety
Snowshoe Strategic Areas of Focus
- Focus on Guest Valued Experience
- Being a Trusted Resort Partner
- Best Place to Work in West Virginia
To consistently offer exceptional service to create a higher percentage of advocates out of our first time guests.
Culture: Snowshoe is made up of a team of GUIDES providing extraordinary mountain experiences. We are a Guest Driven Unified Team who acts with Integrity Always. We provide Epic Experiences to our guests while acting as Stewards of our environment, a safe workplace and our financial responsibilities to our shareholders.
Vision: Snowshoe Mountain will be known as one of the top mountain destinations in the East, the best place to work in West Virginia, and a trusted resort partner.
The exceed homeowner and guest expectation by providing management services for all associations under contract with Property Management
- Promote hospitality and courtesy to all homeowners and guests.
- Enhance our core values to ensure a positive employee experience while providing guest and owner satisfaction.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the company.
- Promote the Snowshoe rental program by recruiting new units into the Snowshoe Rental management program.
- Assist in tracking of financial transactions by monitoring productivity, purchase of replacement items, linen costs, guest and housekeeping supplies.
- Use pre-set criteria to determine eligibility of new units being accepted onto the rental program.
- Work with Property Management and maintenance on property damages and repairs.
- Place units on work order per owner, maintenance or property management’s request.
- Report guest damages to appropriate department for repairs and then follow damage procedures to collect money from responsible guest.
- Provide annual property ratings/evaluations to owners currently on the rental program.
- Assist owners in facilitating unit improvements by communicating the rating findings to the homeowner and assisting them with purchasing and installation of upgrade items.
- Provide to homeowners a listing of current reservations as frequently as requested by the homeowner.
- Work with homeowners to resolve any homeowner issues regarding statements or billings.
- Be knowledgeable of owner statements, 1099’s, etc.
- Provide owner with summer and winter calendars.
- Support the assurance of quality control by “overseeing” the daily operations of Supervisors and room attendants, ensuring all room and custodial check lists are complete and rooms inspected.
- Interact with co-workers, Building Managers, and Room’s Operation manger by discussing work related issues, personal scheduling and quality and quantity issues.
- “Oversees” the maintaining of common areas to ensure they have been vacuumed, dusted, mopped and windows cleaned.
- “Oversees” to ensure that rooms are updated daily in SMS or current operating system.
- Indirect supervision of housekeeping supervisors and room attendants.
- Conduct one-on- one meeting’s with homeowners
- Attending any required and/or mandatory company meetings.
- Interact with guests and homeowners by addressing any issues, complaints, or requests.
- Ensure that all guest surveys are addressed.
- Report lost and found by following established standard operating procedure.
- Act as guest and contractor liaison in pre-determined complexes. Assist guests as needed and work with contractors on HOA projects, OOO, etc.
- Work with real estate agents on for sale properties with open houses, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: 4-year college degree/diploma in business leadership from a recognized institution. Five to seven years of progressively more senior involvement in property management of substantial residential and commercial properties. Experience in hotel /operations a plus.
Experience: 5 years of Property Management or Hotel Operations
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Specific Experience other than Property Manager:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate
- Ability to resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Ability to Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ability to manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Ability to effectively utilize each team member to his/her full potential.
- Ability to motivate teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to mitigate team conflictAny Intrawest employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer