Assists the Lift and Adventure Operations Manager in overseeing the day to day operation of all ski lifts, tubing, and adventure and activity programs. Assumes all responsibility in the absence of the Lift and Adventure Operations Manager.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
Should be experienced in all aspects of lift and adventure operations, at least enough to have a working knowledge of the different areas to provide advice, guidance and a safety review. Electrical and mechanical aptitude and skills are highly desirable, as is supervisory experience. Ability to work well with the public in a friendly and calm manner is essential. Must be able to tolerate physically long exposures to cold weather, inclement conditions and long hours on the job. Must have good supervisory and leadership skills. Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Lead by example for a safe work environment.
- Act as the Lift and Adventure Operations Manger in their absence.
- Must be in uniform when on duty.
- Oversee the daily operation of all ski lifts, tubing, adventure and activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Assist in training of all department staff.
- Coordinate all operations with Lift Maintenance Supervisor to ensure proper operation and care of mechanical equipment.
- Oversee operations set-up and tear-down on a daily basis; also monitor smooth and efficient passenger flow throughout the day at all locations.
- Handle all lost and no lift ticket situations, as well as all other customer service situations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor tools and supplies to ensure sufficient number or amounts on hand, proper care, storage, etc.
- Continuously monitor lift operations at both top and bottom stations and adventure operations. Arranges schedules for crew breaks and meals.
- Open and close all lifts in accordance with established procedures, as described in the Lift and Adventure Operation Manuals.
- Perform routine maintenance and clean-up of seasonal operations.
- Must follow policies and procedures outlined in the Wintergreen Handbook.
- Must be able to take on additional tasks and assignments as directed by the Lift and Adventure Operations manager.